These general doctrines (below) are held by the PEP tutors and leadership and will be supported in the classroom, but are not required to be adopted by the families served by PEP. In other words, people of any faith are welcome to apply to PEP.
PEP teaches biblical principles universal to orthodox Christian denominations. Denominational differences are expected and respected among tutors and students. PEP's curriculum covers in depth the widely accepted beliefs held by the founding fathers of America, which grew out of the Protestant Reformation, thus giving a deeper understanding of the political and social underpinnings during the founding era. We do not expect that all tutors and students will personally adopt all the doctrines studied, just as we would not expect them to adopt Islam or Hinduism when studying the political history of Iraq or India.
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the Inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Providence Extension Ministries, Inc.’s faith, doctrine, practice policy, and discipline, our Founders and Board of Directors are Providence Extension Ministries, Inc.’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord, Jesus Christ, and during this age to convince men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and such as receive Jesus are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- We believe that the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
- We believe in the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139.)
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman,
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Providence Extension Ministries, Inc.